Sunday, September 27, 2009

29 Weeks Pregnant


29 Weeks Pregnant!!!! I have no more than 10 more weeks (9 if they induce at 38 Weeks).

I had a doctors appointment and I found out I have Gestational Diabetes (GD)....no fun. Thankfully it can be controlled by my diet and no insulin is necessary. For more information about Gestational Diabetes click here: http://www.babycenter.com/0_gestational-diabetes_2058.bc
The only difference I have noticed so far is I am on a restricted Carb diet. When I first found out I have GD I was so upset - I figured I wouldn't be able to eat ANYTHING...but it turns out I can actually eat a lot...just none of the fun stuff like ice cream and candy! Which really...I don't need anyway! I have to poke my finger 4 times a day (when I wake up, and then 2 hrs after Breakfast, Lunch, and Dinner). So far my Blood Glucose Levels have been great. Here is a typical day of eating for me:

Breakfast: 2 eggs, 1 1/2 pieces of toast (2 pieces put me over!)
Snack: Granola Bar w/Peanut Butter OR a piece of fruit - think a small apple & string cheese
Lunch: Sandwich, lots of veggies, piece of fruit, & string cheese
Snack: 3 cups popped popcorn with parmesean cheese
Dinner: Meat, Vegetable, 1/2 to 1 cup of mashed potatoes, piece of bread OR 1 cup cooked pasta with 1/2 cup marinara meat sauce with veggies.
Snack: Crackers and Cheese

Not the funnest way to eat when your pregnant and wanting to eat everything on the left side of a menu BUT it is what's best for me and Tessa.

Now onto the fun stuff! I missed last week bc I was up north as most of you know, so I will update today on whats going on during the 29th Week of pregnancy!

29 Weeks according to BabyCenter.com
Baby now weighs about 2 1/2 pounds and is a tad over 15 inches long from head to heel. Her muscles and lungs are continuing to mature, and her head is growing bigger to make room for her developing brain. To meet her increasing nutritional demands, you'll need plenty of protein, vitamins C, folic acid, and iron. And because her bones are soaking up lots of calcium, be sure to drink your milk (or find another good source of calcium, such as cheese, yogurt, or enriched orange juice). This trimester, about 250 milligrams of calcium are deposited in your baby's hardening skeleton each day.

Next week I hit the big 30 weeks!!!! I am so excited! I really don't have much longer!

0 comments on "29 Weeks Pregnant"